Pedroia’s Return

Red Sox star second baseman Dustin Pedroia launches his comeback pre 2019 season. Pedroia missed most of the season in 2018 after a knee injury that abrupted his playing in the 2018 World Series against the LA Dodgers. Pedroia has been the Sox star second baseman for many years, however after the injury Brock Holt and Ian Kinsler filled his role just fine.

The Red Sox are currently down in Fort Myers, Florida for Spring Training. Pedroia is a former AL MVP and helped lead the Red Sox to World Series in 2007 and 2013 and is a much loved Boston sensation.

When asked about his injury he said, “I don’t want to push it and not be able to do what I love to do,” he added. “I just have to be smart. Some days, if I wake up and I’m sore, maybe try to hit home runs or something.”

If you’ve ever been to a Red Sox game one name that almost every fan knows is Dustin Pedroia. He’s been with Boston for quite some time and people of all ages know who he is. Growing up I was an avid Pedroia fan, collecting shirts, jerseys, signatures, and even buying the same glove he had. I think Pedroia will help the Sox seek another World Series in the 2019 season.